From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Complaint about nano "postinst" message
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:24:39
1 In an apparent rage, Walter Dnes exclaims:
2 [...]
5 > I do *NOT* expect marketing fluff like nano puts out...
6 >
7 > ======================================================================
8 > LOG: postinst
9 > More helpful info about nano, visit the GDP page:
10 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/nano-basics-guide.xml
11 > ======================================================================
12 >
13 > The whole point of elogs is to highlight important stuff, so people
14 > don't have to plow through reams of useless stuff. The nano URL belongs
15 > in the man page, not in the elogs.
16
17 I was expecting to see something like a plug for Huggies Diapers (which
18 are great btw). The elog system is actually for errors, warnings and,
19 egads, info regarding a package. If those few lines of text really
20 bother you that much you could a) filter it out, b) ignore it or c) send
21 a patch to the nano maintainer as he obviously needs as much help as he
22 can get.
25 Albert W. Hopkins
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list