From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: using package.provided
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:49:33
1 Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za> writes:
2
3 >> I ask because setting a higher version number might eventually need
4 >> bumping still higher... or if versioning changes somehow will
5 >> `higher' not be noticed.
6 >
7 > If you want to maintain and use old package-1.0.0 by yourself, and there
8 > is already package-2.3 in the portage tree, then you need to mask out
9 > any version greater than your custom ebuild. So, you put this
10 > in /etc/portage/package.mask:
11
12 Thanks for the tips on other areas too, but the above tip clears up
13 something I've had wrong for some time.
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list