From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Switched monitors, having resolution problems
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:05:45
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Vlad Dogaru [mailto:ddvlad@×××××.com]
3 > Sent: 28 February 2007 04:56
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switched monitors, having
6 > resolution problems
7 >
8 > > > > > On Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2007, Vlad Dogaru wrote:
9 > > > > > > Hello all,
10 > > > > > >
11 > > > > > > I have just switched monitors and X now starts in 640x480. I
12 > > > > > > intend to make it work at 1280x1024, and have changed
13 > > > > > > DefaultDepth and Modes lines in xorg.conf accordingly. The
14 > > > > > > console works at 1024x768 as usual, but I have compiled that
15 > > > > > > into the framebuffer. Any suggestions?
17
18 I find I have to set "IgnoreEDID" "True" in my xorg.conf card options to get it to work. I am not entirely sure why - but it works. I think it ignores what the monitor says its settings are and then uses settings you specified, but I could be wrong. I'm using an nVidia Ti4200 on a 17in Relisys TL766 (model number might be off for the latter, I'm at work at the moment).
19
20 PS: Can we please try to trim the emails down a little? Quoting several paragraphs of settings makes for a long email ;) Cheers
24 djn
25
26 I do not represent anyone else in emails I send to this list.
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list