From: Jonathan Chocron <jonathan.chocron@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question on my USE choiche
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 09:07:12
1 Le Samedi 20 Mai 2006 08:18, Anthony E. Caudel a écrit :
2 > > However,
3 > >you'll need kdelibs to be compiled against it if you want to hear sounds
4 > > in kde (and I mean sounds generated by kde, not sounds from amarok...)
5 >
6 > Not sure what you mean by this. Should arts be installed before
7 > emerging kdelibs?
8 >
9 > Or something like this: "USE=arts emerge kdelibs" (which of course
10 > pulls in arts)?
11 >
12 > Tony
13
14 I mean that kdelibs should have the arts useflag set. Otherwise uou can't have
15 any system sound (either through alsa or oss). But it should be the only one.
16 The rest of the Kde system does not have to be compiled against arts so
17 should remain with the arts useflag unset. Moreover, in the control center,
18 one should definitely tell kde to use alsa and not arts.
19
20 Yes, I know, this amounts to installing a program in the specific view of not
21 using it, but it's the only way that I know of to enable system sounds in
22 Kde.
23
24 -- Jonathan
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list