From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ppp-gentoo woes cont'd
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 11:50:59
1 On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:33:27AM -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > Just got back from gentoo land.
3 >
4 > Arrrgh, gmail won't let me attach files, just sits there spinning.
5 >
6 > So I'll have to make do with pastebin.
7 >
8 > http://paste.ubuntu.com/890854/
11 hmm, pppd seems to bring the connection up ok and also to get the DNS
12 servers, however it might not set them correctly...
13
14 what's in /etc/resolv.conf after you connect ?
15
16 can you ping directly the other side of the ppp connection (ie
17 161.184.0.199 according to your logs):
18
19 ping 161.184.0.199
20
21 can you ping anything on internet through ip addresss:
22 ping 8.8.8.8
23
24 (8.8.8.8 are the google public dns servers)
25 > 30-wins.sh
26 > http://paste.ubuntu.com/890854/
27 >
28 > 40-dns.sh
29 > http://paste.ubuntu.com/890857/
30 >
31 > 50-initd.sh
32 > http://paste.ubuntu.com/890857/
33 >
34 > 90-ntpd.sh
35 > http://paste.ubuntu.com/890857/
36 > The first two don't apply. 50-initd.sh, I don't quite grok.
37
38 you gave the same link for the last 3 ;)
39
40 but 50-initd.sh takes care of the case, when pppd is run through gentoo
41 scrips... in that case, when you run /etc/init.d/net.ppp0 start, the
42 net.ppp0 service is marked as 'inactive' istead of 'started' because
43 pppd didn't connect yet... when it connects, this script marks the
44 net.ppp0 service as started...
47 btw, i newer used pon, i either used gentoo initscripts, or directly
48 started pppd ;), or sometimes used kppp from kde3
49
50 but if your problem is with dns, maybe the pon script / program doesn't
51 start pppd with the usepeerdns option... (you might consider also adding
52 the debug options to pppd options..., but you have to find out how to do
53 that with pon)
54
55 yoyo