From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Devicekit - especially just for Dale
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:43:27
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > As our resident hal-hater-in-charge, Dale will no doubt be *very* pleased to
4 > hear of what Ubuntu is doing for 10.04:
5 >
6 > entirely removing hal in favour of DeviceKit.
7
8 It seems that DeviceKit is no help for the various bugs in hald that
9 prevent writng CDs/DVDs/BluRays under certain circumstances.
10
11 I did write mail to the DeviceKit maintainer to no avail, how do we
12 prevent that DeviceKit will become the same desaster as hald?
13
14 Jörg
17 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
18 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)