From: "Holger Hoffstätte" <holger@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] portage in git: egencache not honoring --jobs, only using single core
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 23:31:47
Hopefully easy question about portage via git (from Github); didn't
find anything in bugzilla.

Have been using it for a while and everything works, but the
slow metadata cache updates are annoying, so I dug into the script
call chain, ended up in egencache and for the life of me can't figure
out why it only uses a single core, despite the fact that $(nproc)
is passed as --jobs argument. Even calling it manually with --jobs=8
only uses a single core, regardless of python version (tried 2.7
and 3.5).

Does this work for anyone, or is it a known bug/lack of
implementation?

Holger