From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] after last update hciconfig disappeared
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 16:26:02
1 On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 07:45:08 -0400,
2 Raffaele Belardi wrote:
5 > John Covici wrote:
6 > > Hi. After the last update of net-wireless/bluez hciconfig has
7 > > disappeared. Even downgrading did not bring it back, although it was
8 > > there in the previous release. How do I do hciconfig, scan and
9 > > friends now, or is there a way to get them back.
10 > >
11 > > As a workaround I put an old one back just copying the binary, so I
12 > > could proceed, but there has got to be a better way.
13 > >
14 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
17 > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/bluetooth#Deprecated_method_using_hciconfig
18 >
19 > The ebuild lets you specify an extra-tools USE flag, maybe that one gets them back.
20
21 I tried that and it failed --some file is missing and I got lots of
22 warnings about upstream not supporting, etc.
25 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
26 How do
27 you spend it?
28
29 John Covici