From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kompozer: undefined reference to `SEC_ASN1Encode_Util'
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 19:30:16
1 On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Peter Humphrey
2 <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > Hello list,
4 >
5 > I've been trying to install kompozer (very useful for developing web style
6 > sheets), but it fails with a whole lot of errors such as the one in the subject.
7 >
8 > Googling only shows a conversation from two-and-a-half years ago, with no real
9 > solution after much discussion of nss and nspr, both of which I've remerged
10 > (nspr has the utils USE flag set).
11 >
12 > Does anyone here know how to evade this problem? Alternatively, is there another
13 > visual web-page development tool?
14
15 Hi,
16
17 I don't see kompozer in portage at all. Is it in an overlay?
18
19 I think the function in the subject is from libnss, so I wonder if
20 trying a different version of libnss might produce different results.
21 Kompozer is probably closely related to some version of Firefox or
22 Seamonkey. If you know which version it is similar to, you might be
23 able to look at the dependencies for that and compare them.
24
25 I also wonder if you might need to remove -Wl,--as-needed from your LDFLAGS.