From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ati-drivers: no kernel found?
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:06:04
1 On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:09:43 +0100
2 Norman Rieß wrote:
3
4 > A complete listing looks like this:
5 > bragi linux # ls
6 > arch drivers Kbuild modules.builtin samples usr
7 > block firmware kernel modules.order scripts
8 > virt COPYING fs lib Module.symvers
9 > security vmlinux CREDITS include MAINTAINERS
10 > net sound vmlinux.o crypto init
11 > Makefile README System.map Documentation ipc
12 > mm REPORTING-BUGS tools bragi linux #
13 >
14 > Depclean seems to delete some parts of the kernel directory if you
15 > have a newer kernel ebuild available. Had that too, once.
16 ok, many thanks.
17
18 > Which release you use r6 or r10 is your choise. r10 is newer with
19 > more security patches and such, so i would say you should use that
20 > one. Do you know how to deal with a kernel update?
21 yes, yes, but I wanted to test ati drivers compilation before
22 recompiling the kernel and rebooting...
23
24 anyway, as I have to open my computer for changing video-card, going to
25 build new kernel an then, ati-drivers.
28 > Norman
29 thanks for your reply,
32 Arnau Bria
33 http://blog.emergetux.net
34 Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity