From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pecl-cairo ~x86 overlay?
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 09:07:08
1 Michael M writes:
2
3 > Hello list, I need to install Cairo bindings for dev-lang/php-5*. Is
4 > there a pecl-cairo overlay for ~x86? I've tried unmasking this
5 > package and adding the keyword ~amd64 and it seems to want to install
6 > with emerge but my system is ~x86.
7 >
8 > According to this site it is only ~amd64, but I cannot understand why.
9 > http://gpo.zugaina.org/dev-php5/pecl-cairo
10
11 As Sam pointed out, maybe it's working, but but just not tested on other
12 architectures. To try without modifying the ebuild, you could put the
13 package into /etc/portage/package.keywords, followed by a ~*. From the
14 portage man page:
15
16 Note:
17 In addition to the normal values from ACCEPT_KEYWORDS package.keywords
18 supports three special tokens:
19
20 * package is visible if it is stable on any architecture
21 ~* package is visible if it is in testing on any architecture
22 ** package is always visible (KEYWORDS are ignored completely)
25 Wonko