From: pat <pat@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ctrl+alt+fx doesn't work
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:06:40
1 On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:50:37 -0700 (PDT), BRM wrote
2 > Is it your keyboard? I have a couple keyboards (e.g. Microsoft
3 > Keyboards) that toggle the functionality of the Function keys. If I
4 > don't have the "Function Lock" key set correctly, then that
5 > functionality will not work. Just press the appropriate key if that
6 > is the case and it should work. (Took me a while the first time to
7 > figure that one out too. A little annoying when it gets pressed
8 > accidentally.)
9 >
10 > Ben
11 >
12 > ----- Original Message ----
13 > From: pat <pat@××××××××.org>
14 > To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
15 > Sent: Thursday, September 4, 2008 4:13:23 PM
16 > Subject: [gentoo-user] ctrl+alt+fx doesn't work
17 >
18 > Hello,
19 >
20 > Ages ago switching from X to console gone :-( I need this
21 > functionality right now, but cannot find where to start ... I've
22 > googled a lot but without luck. Please can someone point me where I
23 > should to start? I think the functionality gone when I change kernel,
24 > but I don't remember the version ... .
25 >
26 > Thanks for help
27 >
28 > Pat
29
30 It's my IBM TP T43 keyboard and th functionality worked well ... until update
31 of something ... I have no idea what I changed :-(
32
33 Please could you explain to me what do you mean by "Function Lock"? I don't
34 know what it can be :-(
35
36 Thanks
37