From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] [gentoo-user] Chromium on linux, build question
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 18:13:39
1 On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 13:21:45 -0400,
2 Laurence Perkins wrote:
3 >
4 > [1 <text/plain; UTF-7 (quoted-printable)>]
7 > On Sun, 2019-09-15 at 05:45 -0400, John Covici wrote:
8 > > Hi. I want to have Chromium on linux, but I want to build the
9 > > Chrome
10 > > OS version, so I can have their version of the accessibility plugin
11 > > which is called Chrom next. I did not see any use flags, so how can
12 > > I
13 > > do this on gentoo? I am using the unstable version of gentoo. It is
14 > > my understanding that this can be done on Debian and other
15 > > distributions.
16 > >
17 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
18 > >
19 > I believe what you're probably looking for is the chrome-binary-plugins
20 > package. This downloads the binary version of Chrome and pulls all the
21 > Google-proprietary bits out of it and loads them into your Chromium.
22 >
23 > Of course, at that point you might as well just use Chrome... But I
24 > suppose you could try whacking out the ones you don't want and see what
25 > happens.
26
27 What I am trying to do is to build chromium in such a way that I can
28 use the assistive technology called Chrome next which requires chrome
29 for chrome os. Does that make sense?
32 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
33 How do
34 you spend it?
35
36 John Covici wb2una