From: "張韡武" <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] user interface font in OOo? Can we change it?
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 06:58:40
1 Long time ago I was using "AR PL ShanHeiSun Uni" and "AR PL ZenKai Uni"
2 for Chinese characters and defined in fontconfig. Most other people and
3 gentoo default does the samiliar, take a look at your default
4 fontconfig, there are some Chinese fonts in the list of 'Serif' font
5 face. This setting has effect in every gnome (or, gtk) application
6 except OOo. OOo wasn't using the right font for Chinese, I don't know
7 what font is OOo trying to use for Chinese text on the UI, could be
8 Kochi Mincho or something, but the result is many Chinese characters are
9 either missing or in wrong position or ugly. This only happens on the UI
10 elements like buttons, text inputs, text boxes... not on the document
11 itself.
12
13 So:
14 1) Is there a way to change the user interface font used by OOo? Thus I
15 can specify OOo to use the 'right font'.
16 2) Is there a way to know what font OOo is trying to use on interface
17 when displaying Chinese? Thus I can set fontconfig replacement for that
18 font.
19
20 any good idea? I believe most Chinese users of OOo (could be even some
21 Korean users) also have this problem. I was expecting this problem being
22 solved in OOo 2.0 because it promised a native widget and in the past I
23 though this was a bug for OOo running in non-KDE environment. Now OOo
24 2.0 is just like it's ealier versions.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list