From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM for data drives but not the OS
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 10:37:29
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 18:36:28 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>> A little time saver, if you have only one VG, set $LVM_VG_NAME to its
6 >>> name and you can leave the VG name out of any lv* commands.
7 >>>
8 >
9 >> I'll have more than one before long so may as well learn the long way.
10 >> Neat to know tho. I'm hoping for about a 2Tb or maybe a 1.5Tb drive.
11 >> That should last me a while but I'm going to put my current 750Gb on
12 >> there too.
13 >>
14 > No matter how many drives you have, I doubt you'll need more than one
15 > volume group.
20 Ah, I see what you are saying now. I may have two or three PV's, and
21 several LV's but only one VG. My bulb got a little brighter.
22
23 I could end up putting /usr, /var, and such on LVM one day. I wouldn't
24 want to go as far as having to have the initrd thingy tho. Basically a
25 minimal / with some of the other growing stuff on LVM.
26
27 Still trying to grasp making it larger while still online. Plain
28 weird. O_O
29
30 Dale
31