From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Output of "emerge -NDpvu world"
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 15:45:53
1 On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>wrote:
2
3 > On Wednesday 01 September 2010 23:39:25 Dale wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hmmm, whatever you set it to, you will be a few lines short. The
6 > > error will always be just above what you can scroll back to. lol
7 >
8 > So you've noticed that too, eh?
11 Of course I've noticed it, how could I not? (Murphy's law has *so* many
12 corollaries.)
13
14 When I really want it, for any given command, I use bash with
15 command 2>&1 | tee /tmp/junk
16 and this suppresses most color-coding so I can view the results with simple
17 tools.
18
19 It helps to have a really big /tmp (mine has 19GB free at the moment), and
20 to keep
21 using the same name in case you forget to delete the (possibly huge) file.
24 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD