From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ripper that generates song titles?
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 22:21:22
1 On 31/08/2015 18:40, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, 30 August 2015, at 11:46 am, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> There are 3 fields that my algorithm looks at...
6 >>>
7 >>> Albumperformer= 'Various Artists'
8 >>> Performer= 'Various Artists'
9 >>> Tracktitle= 'Johnny Cash / I Walk The Line'
10 >>
11 >> …
12 >> It does raise the question of what is the point of the Performer field if
13 >> it's always the same as the Albumperformer.
14 >
15 > I'm sure the above is wrong.
16 >
17 > I don't know where OP got this metadata from, but I'm sure that "Various" is the right Albumperformer, but "Johnny Cash" should be the Performer field, and the Tracktitle should just be "I Walk The Line".
18 >
19 > Of course everyone is free to label their tracks as they like, but I'm pretty sure that's the way I'd do it.
20
21 That's also the way musicbrainz does it. most taggers follow
22 musicbrainz's lead. It also makes total sense to do it your way
26 Alan McKinnon
27 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com