From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB permissions glitch
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 10:45:28
1 Philip Webb schrieb:
2 > Something keeps resetting the permission for /mnt/usb to 755 ,
3 > which prevents me accessing a USB storage stick as user.
4 > My user is in the USB group : 'usb:x:85:haldaemon,purslow';
5 > in /etc/fstab I have : '/dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb auto noauto,user,umask=000 0 0'
6 > (I never use > 1 USB device at a time, so this is ok).
7 >
8 > Till last week, it worked as expected & there's been no change in Udev rules.
9 > I've made a work-around by amending the Bash alias I use to mount it to
10 > alias musb='mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb ; chmod 777 /mnt/usb' ,
11 > which does solve the problem, but is there a more conventional method ?
14 You can include the mountoption uid= gid=.