From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unmountable hard drive (already mounted or busy)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:58:29
1 Holly Bostick schreef:
2 > The only thing I can think of is that this is some kind of weird evms
3 > conflict, and the drive certainly is listed in evmsgui, but really
4 > my useage of evms is so very limited that I almost should go back to
5 > lvm2, so I really am not getting how this interaction is occurring,
6 > and how to stop it, if in fact it is evms that is causing it (which
7 > it probably is).
8 >
9 Never mind-- it was in fact evms, and somehow I managed to deactivate
10 hdd and the partitions that comprise it (I swear, I really don't get how
11 evms works at all), and with the partitions deactivated, I can mount them.
12
13 I seriously think that evms is overkill for me, though-- anybody know a
14 good how-to on how to get rid of it and go back to lvm2, which at least
15 I could understand? I very much don't like having/using a partition
16 management system that completely eludes me, especially when it throws
17 me a curve like this one.
18
19 Thanks.
20 Holly