From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] converting from testing to stable SLOWLY
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 20:53:23
1 Am 17.10.2012 22:18, schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
2 > A few months ago a procedure was given for converting from testing to
3 > stable (e.g. ~amd64-->~amd) by essentially waiting for stable to catch
4 > up.
5 >
6 > I believe the basic idea was to unmask a bunch of packages and then as
7 > stable catches up, remove the unmasks. I also believe there was some
8 > automated way to generate the unmasks and maybe a way to see when each
9 > is not needed.
10 >
11 > Can someone repost this msg?
12 > I foolishly did not save it and now want to convert a system to stable
13 > and can afford to do so slowly.
14 >
15 > thanks,
16 > allan
19 I don't remember the original post but if I understand you correctly, it
20 should be sufficient to replace your /etc/portage/package.keywords with
21 the output of this command:
22
23 eix --installed-testing --format '=<installedversions:NAMEVERSION>'
24 --pure-packages
25
26 You can then use eix-test-obsolete to find obsolete masks and other cruft.
27
28 Regards,
29 Florian Philipp