From: Jil Larner <jil@××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] start-stop-daemon sets USER=root - expected behaviour?
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 06:41:42
1 Hi,
2
3 Erik Hahn a écrit :
4 > It doesn't run the command as root but as normal user (it isn't setuid
5 > either. All it does is setting the *variables* $USER and $HOME to the
6 > wrong values.
7 >
8 Oh, I read too quickly :x And by the way didn't give the right command
9 switch that are --chuid --user and --env. These should give you the
10 result you wish. Should the program automatically set correct home and
11 user ? I'd say this could be great, so you may report it as a bug or,
12 more pobably, as a feature request.
15 > This implementation is not by Debian:
16 >
17 >> This is a complete re-implementation with the process finding code in
18 >> the OpenRC library (librc, -lrc) so other programs can make use of it.
19
20 I didn't know. Where did you find this ?
21
22 Thanks,
23 Jil