From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean wants to remove openrc. Yikes!
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 15:04:03
1 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm considering submitting a bug to bugs.gentoo.org, requesting that
4 > _all_ installed packages satisfying a virtual get kept. There is surely
5 > something wrong when somebody who just wants to be a user (me) has to
6 > read .ebuild files to get normal things done.
10 If you can, I'd recommend trying to reach out to the maintainer to see
11 if that is expected behavior.  It could be that that is the way it is
12 supposed to work.  If that is so tho, I find it odd.  Maybe qmail needs
13 a USE flag to pull in daemontools?  Maybe something else needs
14 changing.  I'd start by reaching out to the maintainer.  I guess a bug
15 report would be considered reaching out but a email may also work as well.
16
17 Just my thoughts.  May not be worth much.  ;-)
18
19 Dale
20