From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Out of space during emerge
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 17:20:53
1 On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:22:58 -0500, Henk Boom wrote:
2
3 > Hi, after my latest emerge -uDN world I discovered that I had ran out
4 > of disk space on my root partition. It was causing problems, so I
5 > immediately did an eclean-dist --destructive, which freed up a couple
6 > hundred megabytes.
7
8 I recommend that you put $DISTDIR (and $PORTAGE_TMPDIR) on a less
9 critical partition. Running out of space on / or /var is not very nice.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers
16 believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."