From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xorg is unable to detect mouse
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:29:24
1 Now I love Gentoo as a distribution, but the way to setup X *must* be
2 improved! I have just finished installing on an older Athlon with a Nvidia
3 2mx graphic card.
4
5 Xorg -configure just fails: it says it can't detect my mouse (it's an IBM ps/2
6 trackpoint).
7 xorgconfig gives an unusable config.
8
9 In the end, the solution was to use xorgconfig, then boot a knoppix CD, copy
10 the xorg.conf to the gentoo installation. Now it works.
11
12 I wonder that such a superb distribution has no sensible way to setup X in a
13 time when most others "just work". I think there is an urgent need for
14 development in this area.
15
16 Thierry
17 --