From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] SOMEWHAT OFF TOPIC -- Palm Tungsten E, and Google Calendar
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:11:11
1 The problem for me is that the device is created and destroyed when you
2 press the hotsync button. Pilot sync and jpilot seem to depend on the
3 device being present all the time.
4
5 To get it to work reliably, you have to guess accurately when the device
6 is present and coordinate starting the sync (software) and pressing the
7 hot sync button - a fairly narrow window as it takes time for udev to
8 create the device. I can sync reliably once I worked out the timing!
9 jpilot works well, but pilot sync requires cleaning out (kill the
10 process(es)) between syncs.
11
12 Yes its crap :(
13
14 and udev is supposed to be an advance?
15
16 BillK