From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Calculating dependencies...: Any way to make it faster?
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 04:20:58
1 Hi,
2
3 for my embedded systems I use gentoo. Their "harddisk"s are simple
4 microSDcards.
5
6 When updateing or emerging especially the "Calculation
7 dependencies..." is a step which needs a lot of patience of the
8 user (me ;).
9
10 Is there any way to make it faster or (in other words): Are there
11 different ways to "Calculating dependencies..." and have only chossen
12 the slowest one...?
13
14 What can I do to spped it up?
15
16 Best regards,
17 Meino
18
19 PS: This is ***NO*** complain against Gentoo, the emerge-process or
20 any other implizit or explizit critism!!!
21 I *love* Gentoo -- thats why I am using it even for my embedded
22 systems.
23
24 PPS: Yes, I know of crosscompiling and other way to do the hard work
25 on another machine. I screwed up my systems more than once in the past
26 with my attempts to get that working. I want to natively compile on
27 the embedded systems therefore.