From: Todd Goodman <tsg@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: openssl upgrade may miss some needed rebuilds
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 15:25:27
1 * Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> [160302 10:16]:
2 > On 02/03/16 16:41, walt wrote:
3 > > Today's upgrade of openssl to 1.0.2g-r1 may cause some necessary
4 > > rebuilds to fail due to missing symbol errors.
5 > >
6 > > Example: libcurl was broken and caused the rebuilds of virtualbox and
7 > > git to fail until I forced a rebuild of curl. Any installed package
8 > > that is actually linked against openssl will be affected by this,
9 > > notably curl or wget, which may prevent portage from fetching source
10 > > files.
11 >
12 > Does that mean that the library name is the same and the "preserve-libs"
13 > FEATURE doesn't kick in in this case?
14
15 It's not working for me either and I've had to manually rebuild curl and
16 w3m.
17
18 Todd