From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem getting wifi card to route to internet
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 07:51:54
1 I wil have to check, I ran into some other problems with wlan0 and
2 will get back when I have straightened that out.
3
4 Thanks.
7 On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 23:17:24 -0400,
8 Adam Carter wrote:
9 >
10 > [1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
11 > > > Have you set the default route and enabled ip forwarding?
12 > > >
13 > > > Also you don¢t need to add a route for connected interfaces
14 > > Thanks for your quick response. Packet forwarding is enabled and I am
15 > > using shorewall to have normal firewall settings.
18 > Ok so can the WLAN clients ping the internet facing interface of your new
19 > linux/wlan/internet router? If not, do they get a DHCP IP address? Do they
20 > have a default route?
21 > [2 <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
24 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
25 How do
26 you spend it?
27
28 John Covici wb2una