From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Switched from rsync to git, now emerge --sync fails
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 18:25:30
1 Yesterday I switched my gentoo repo from rsync to git, and the initial
2 --sync with an empty directory did a git clone successfully.
3
4 Today, when I try to sync, it always fails:
5
6 $ sudo emerge --sync >>> Syncing repository 'gentoo' into '/var/db/repos/gentoo'...
7 /usr/bin/git fetch origin
8 error: RPC failed; HTTP 504 curl 22 The requested URL returned error: 504 fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
9 !!! git fetch error in /var/db/repos/gentoo
10
11 Action: sync for repo: gentoo, returned code = 128
12
13 The SSL connection to anongit.gentoo.org happens, the handshake goes
14 OK, a few frames of data go back and forth, then the nothing happens
15 for 60s and the client end sends a FIN.
16
17 After the initial sync which does a git clone, how do you do
18 subsequent sync operations?
21 Grant