From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT -Dumb Terminal and Bonus Question
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:40:14
1 On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 08:29 +0200, Charles Oertel wrote:
2 > Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 > >>You need to configure a sound daemon on the server to forward the sound over the network to another sound daemon on the client.
4 > >>Zac
5 > >
6 > > Does anyone have a link to a HowTo for that?
7 >
8 > I did that just the other day. Actually, you do it like this:
9 >
10 > On your wife's PC, you run the esound daemon
11 > http://www.tux.org/~ricdude/EsounD.html
12 >
13 > On the server (where her gnome session runs, set the sound configuration
14 > to use esd, and set the IP of the esd server to be the IP of your wife's
15 > machine).
16 >
17 > BTW.: You don't need to be in runlevel 3 to do the remote X thing.
18 > From a terminal in the GUI running on RH, run
19 > #X :1.0 -query <IP of Remote Box>
20 >
21 > This will put an X login on <alt><F8>, and have the local X running on
22 > <alt><F7>
23 >
24 > --
25 > regards
26 > --
27 > Charles Oertel
28 > FineBushPeople.net
29 > tel: 021 701 8231
30 > fax: 021 701 3338
31 >
33 > ... Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember, it didn't
34 > help the rabbit. -- R.E. Shay
35
36 Here's the problem: There is a sound card on baby. When someone logs
37 in locally on baby I want baby's sound card and speakers to be used, but
38 when someone logs in remotely from blossom I want blossom's sound card
39 and speakers to be used...
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list