From: "Mariusz Pękala" <skoot@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fixing fstab
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:47:17
1 On 2005-11-14 16:23:41 -0500 (Mon, Nov), Mark wrote:
2 > Well, I thought so too. So I booted to the Universal CD. Then I did
3 > mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/gentoo
4 >
5 > Then I did cd /mnt/gentoo and did a ls
6 >
7 > all I see is boot and lost+found
8 >
9 > Did I make a bigger mess than I thought?
12 Just pick another partition I suppose.
13
14 fdisk -l /dev/hda
15
16 will tell you which ones are on your disk.
17
18 Mount each of them (if they are of suitable type - it's of no use to
19 mount your swap partition) and see what is there.
20
21 As /dev/hda3 is usually the root partition, and you have /boot there
22 then you may have your root on /dev/hda1 (it would have to be really big
23 boot...) or on some other one.
24
25 HTH
28 No virus found in this outgoing message.
29 Checked by "grep -i virus $MESSAGE"