From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pop up windows with text message
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 05:12:44
1 Btw, rather than directly opening a terminal window, you may want to
2 use the notify-send api / command line to do your popup. That way it
3 gets rendered natively by your desktop of choice, and you don't have
4 to fuss about searching which DISPLAY variable X is running on.
5
6 You can do something like
7 notify-send --app-name=foo
8 --icon=icon-name-in-usr-share-icons-without-the-path-and-extension
9 --urgency=normal|critical --expire-time=milliseconds "TITLE"
10 "LONGTEXT"
11