From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my hard drive sick?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:57:11
1 b.n. wrote:
2 > Dale ha scritto:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I noticed this in my log and wondered what others may think.
9 > Thanks for your post! Thanks to you I just noticed that I never added
10 > smartd to my default profile... so I did yesterday.
11 >
12 > I found your exact same symptoms, on a SATA hard disk. I frankly have
13 > troubles in understanding the smartctl outputs (googled of course, but
14 > I'm confused about the meaning). What should I check for SMART symptoms
15 > of failure? Even in this thread, I didn't understand if those
16 > pre-failure symptoms are to take seriously or not.
17 >
18 > m.
22 Well, the best thing to do is to post any error messages you have here.
23 I googled mine too but still was not sure what to make of the info I was
24 getting. It sounded bad so I posted them here. There are some serious
25 hardware gurus here and I was sure someone that had ran into this before
26 would clarify what was going on for me.
27
28 My drives are IDE but I'm sure that being SATA and any error messages
29 are not a good sign. I wouldn't ignore the error for sure.
30
31 So, either post on this thread or just start a new thread and see what
32 they think is going on with your error.
33
34 Dale
35