From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual or Quad CPU complications?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 18:19:30
1 Am 13.12.2012 07:12, schrieb Grant:
2 > I've only ever used systems with a single CPU. I'm looking for a new host
3 > for a dedicated server (suggestions?) and it looks like I'll probably
4 > choose a machine with two or four CPUs. What sort of complications does
5 > that add to set up and/or maintenance with Gentoo?
6 >
7 > - Grant
10 If you want to run mysql with high memory usage on that machine, you
11 might want to read
12 http://blog.jcole.us/2010/09/28/mysql-swap-insanity-and-the-numa-architecture/
13
14 Everything else that I can think of already has beed said.
15
16 Oh, tweak MAKEOPTS for a faster compile time, you also might want to
17 look at emerges --jobs and --load-average parameters