From: Wayne Oliver <wayne.oliver@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] [OT] linux authentication server
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:42:09
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Iain Buchanan [mailto:iaindb@××××××××××××.au]
3 > Sent: 10 May 2007 09:13
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] linux authentication server
6 >
7 > Hi all,
8 >
9 > this one's a bit OT...
10 >
11 > I have a linux server and multiple (<10) windows xp clients. So far,
12 > each windows client has it's own user and password info stored on it.
13 > This slowly becomes harder to manage as a user has to have an account
14 on
15 > each machine, and has to change passwords in multiple places.
16 >
17 > Therefore, I'm looking for an active directory kindof server for
18 linux.
19 > I have minimal experience with AD, if it even is available the way I
20 > think it is for linux, but I have no doubt I can pick up the
21 > administration. Your opinion on your favourite, and why, would be
22 very
23 > useful to me. Any tips / howto would also be great.
24 >
25 > thanks!
26
27 Hi Iain,
28
29 Take a look at SAMBA, if you have limited experience with AD type stuff
30 it may even be better to run your small network using an NT4 style
31 domain.
32
33 Regards,
34 Wayn0