From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Need help configuring kernel for firewall support
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 14:17:23
1 I'm having a problem. I need to install firewalls on
2 two of my PCs (the third one already has one), but
3 I've run into kernel config issues. I'm running
4 kernel-2.6.17-gentoo-r8 and whenever I try to start
5 ipkungfu I get this:
6
7 camille ~ # /etc/init.d/ipkungfu start
8 * Starting ipkungfu ...
9 FATAL: Module ip_tables not found.
10 iptables v1.3.5: can't initialize iptables table
11 `filter': iptables who? (do you need to insmod?)
12 Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
13
14 ipkungfu can't create new chains or the script was
15 interrupted previously!
16 Flushing iptables rulesets...
17 FATAL: Module ip_tables not found.
18 iptables v1.3.5: can't initialize iptables table
19 `filter': iptables who? (do you need to insmod?)
20 Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
21 Clearing old chains and tables...
22 cat: /proc/net/ip_tables_names: No such file or
23 directory
24 Your kernel lacks LOG support required by this script.
25 Aborting.
26 * Failed to start ipkungfu
27 [ !! ]
28
29 I tried to follow the guide at
30 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/infrastructure/firewall/server-firewall.xml
31 but several of the options suggested were not
32 available in my kernel. Can anyone help?
33 -Michael Sullivan-
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list