From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Small and dirty 32 bit environment just to flash my Bus Pirate
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 16:58:01
1 Hi,
2
3 My Buspirate v36a needs a newer firmware.
4 Unfortunately the flasher software is only
5 available in 32bit and I run a 64bit modern
6 Gentoo.
7
8 The flasher is a commandline tool and needs
9 no fancy movie player or fat surround sound.
10
11 If there is no way (I fear) to setup a tiny
12 quick'n' dirty 32bit environment on my Gentoo
13 just to flash the firmware I woyld install
14 a tiny quick'n'dirty 32bit Linux for my
15 Virtual Box.
16
17 Does one knows of a simple straight-forward
18 distro, which knows of /dev/ttyUSB<n> and
19 is not a BEAST to download?
20
21 Thanks a lot in advance for any help!
22 Cheers
23 Meino