From: Net Warrior <netwarrior863@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Doubt about FLAG use
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:56:11
1 Well, after all I'm confused after reading the thread.
2
3 Should I use this or not ? *USE="-ipv6 -ftp" emerge -av mplayer*
4
5 Thanks for your time and support.
6 Greets
9 2008/4/24, kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>:
10 > Net Warrior wrote:
11 > > I'm on it :) thank you guys !!
12 >
13 > Here's an example from my server to get you going
14 >
15 > # apache stuff
16 > # urandom makes Apache start faster on unused systems
17 > dev-libs/apr urandom
18 > www-servers/apache -threads mpm-prefork
19 >
20 > # other daemons
21 > net-dns/bind -mysql -threads
22 > net-mail/courier-imap -berkdb fam gdbm
23 > dev-libs/cyrus-sasl -berkdb -mysql authdaemond urandom
24 > www-servers/lighttpd -mysql -ssl fam
25 > mail-mta/postfix mysql sasl ssl vda
28 > I like to put the subtracts in front and the adds after as well as
29 > keeping them in alphabetical order. Comments will also help you remember
30 > why you did stuff so when you jump to the next major version you can
31 > glance over package.use and see if anything jumps out at you. It all
32 > makes it easier to read and manage as your /etc/portage/* files gets
33 > more complicated.
34 >
35 > kashani
36 > --