From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the release date for 2006.1?
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 21:46:33
1 On 8/2/06, Jerônimo Backes <germanobax@×××××××××.br> wrote:
2 > I think everybody is clueless, like me...
3 >
4 > > What is the release date for 2006.1?
5
6 When it's ready, of course!
7
8 > > I would also like to know what are the new features. Can someone point me a
9 > > link? (I googled for that information and found nothing)
10
11 This is Gentoo. We don't wait for "releases" before getting new
12 "features". This release appears to be mainly an update to the
13 installer, the addition of more device drivers to the install CD, and
14 a (relatively) fresh set of binary packages so users wanting to stay
15 with stable will not have to update and recompile a bunch of stuff
16 right off the bat. That is just based on what the devs said they were
17 going to do, and what a release typically means for Gentoo.
18
19 You can check the official project page for current status and goals
20 of the release:
21 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/release/2006.1/2006.1.xml
22
23 -Richard