From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Threads changing Was: OT: website design
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:53:29
1 On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 11:02:13AM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Saturday 04 June 2011 20:31:35 David W Noon wrote:
3 >
4 > > I'm reading it a bit late because I was doing a full system backup of my
5 > > own newsserver system (~40 gigs) with the cron jobs all stopped,
6 > > including the one that pulls messages from news.eternal-september.org.
7 > > So I was off the air for about 3½ hours today.
8 >
9 > I'm using Kmail with bog-standard threading and aggregation, and this
10 > message is shown as a reply, not to Dale but to Indi; the message that
11 > contains this:
12 >
13 > > Thanks for reporting on Thunderbird.
14 >
15 > > When you say "mutt has broken threading in the past", can
16 > > you please be more specific? AFAIK there have been no problems
17 > > like that in a couple of years.
18 >
19 > That looks like serious breakage to me. I haven't checked the references
20 > headers though, as I'm whizzing through a week's worth of e-mails after time
21 > away.
24 It's dealt with days ago.
25 Checked and verified in various MUAs.
26 But thanks. :)
29 caveat utilitor