From: THUFIR HAWAT <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: copy xorg.conf from knoppix
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 20:24:55
1 On 8/9/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 [...]
3 > Hrm, I assumed you were using the current version of x.org. I am
4 > betting that Knoppix is using xorg 7.0 (aka, modular X), so no, you
5 > will not be able to use the configuration file directly without fixing
6 > the various paths in it.
7 [...]
8
9 I'm not disputing that upgrading will fix the problem, but it
10 shouldn't be required in the first place. For over a year I ran
11 fedora (and windows) without this problem, and have tried Knoppix and
12 Gnoppix. Only gentoo presents this problem. From the get go I ran
13 Knoppix, also, which, presumably, might not've been the latest and
14 greatest. That is, Fedora 1, FC1, never had a problem with this
15 monitor/video card/whichever.
16
17 However, thank you for the link, I'll make the upgrade and cross my fingers :)
20 -Thufir
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list