From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Alt+Fn switch console from within X11 session
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 17:23:18
1 Am Thu, 22 Sep 2016 16:27:25 +0100
2 schrieb Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>:
3
4 > On Thursday 22 Sep 2016 16:05:02 I wrote:
5 > > I'm glad you mentioned Xorg.0.log; it prompted me to look at mine,
6 > > and I found I didn't have an fbdev driver. I found I needed to add
7 > > USE=evdev to dev-qt/qtgui and remerge qtgui.
8 > --->8
9 > > I think this should fix the flickering display I mentioned a few
10 > > days ago. Have to wait and see.
11 >
12 > Nope. It hasn't.
13
14 For me neither:
15
16 Alt+Fn still switches to the console... But only after running the
17 system for some hours. Not sure what triggers it. Energy saving mode is
18 currently off. So that's not the trigger.
19
20 If I boot freshly, the shortcut works as intended and brings up
21 krunner.
22
23 When the bug triggered and I switch back from console, I apparently
24 also see flickering sometimes at the left side with some oddly shaped
25 vectors inside. Plus some window contents are simply black (only title
26 bar visible). It stops after a few seconds.
29 Regards,
30 Kai
31
32 Replies to list-only preferred.