From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Listing applications with eix...
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 14:24:10
1 On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 2:14 AM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > is there a way to list all -- for exmaple -- audio related
6 > applications without without being burried under audio related
7 > system libs for example or entries with (also as an exmaple)
8 > "this application does not supprt audio but only imageing"
9 >
10 > I want the full dexcription, not only the heade line...
13 Here's one way that I like to look for these, Meino:
14
15 eix --stable -c -S audio
16
17 Obviously there's no easy way to get a noise-free listing of what you want,
18 but I've often found looking for text in the description with the -S is a
19 useful method.
22 Bill Longman