From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] necessary use flgas
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 13:39:06
1 On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 17:35:10 +0430, behrouz khosravi wrote:
2
3 > I really like to have control over my machine as much as possible. In
4 > this way I will learn a lot, so I am trying to remove all the default
5 > use flags and control them manually.
6 >
7 > I just don't know which "global" use flags are absolutely necessary to
8 > the system to make it snappier or secure.
9 > What do you recommend ?
10
11 Use a minimal profile like default/linux/amd64/13.0 which will
12 set only the USE flags most people need. From there you can disable
13 individual flags if you think you don't need them.
14
15 You can also start USE with -* in make.conf to turn everything off then
16 set your own choices. This is the ideal setup for those who prefer to
17 spend more time fixing their computer than using it.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 A man needs a mistress - just to break the monogamy