From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xine problem?
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 19:06:26
1 quoth the Paul Stear:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I have a new install of xine on an amd64 system.
4 >
5 > I have a new dvd (Silent Hill) that starts and then errors with the
6 > following:-
7 > The source seems encrypted, and can't be read. Your DVD is probably
8 > crypted. According to your country laws, you can or can't install/use
9 > libdvdcss to be able to read this disc, which you bought. (Media stream
10 > scrambled/encrypted)
11
12 Hi. Every once in a while I run into a DVD that libdvdcss can't crack, and
13 thus gives the error you have posted. It is typically rare (maybe 2 DVDs out
14 of 250+). I don't know why, but perhaps the DVDs use some other encryption
15 method that libdvdcss can't crack...
16
17 I just watch those ones on my TV.
18
19 -d
20 --
21 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
22 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
23 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list