From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is this a bug in firefox-bin?
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 19:21:25
1 After years of compiling firefox I decided that I get no advantage
2 from doing it :p
3
4 So I just emerged firefox-bin and discovered that it doesn't find
5 any of the plugins in /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins.
6
7 The gentoo ebuild patches the source code to use nsbrowser/plugins
8 for the default plugins location, but the firefox-bin ebuild can't
9 patch the source code so it does something different, and on this
10 machine it doesn't work.
11
12 I just finished downgrading this particular machine from ~x86 to
13 plain x86, so there may indeed be something wrong in my general
14 environment.
15
16 Anyone here running firefox-bin, and how does it find your plugins?
17
18 (There are at least two easy ways to fix the problem. You can
19 make a symlink from /usr/lib/nsbrowser to /usr/lib/mozilla, or
20 you can make a symlink from /opt/firefox/plugins to
21 /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins, either method works.)