From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Udev (?) oddity
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 18:52:04
1 Hi,
2
3 the basic question is: Where should I start ?
4
5 The problem: I updated several programs via emerge after they where
6 flagged by the emerge -up world command.
7
8 beside others there were udev and util-linux...
9
10 Before the update I had no problems with my dvbt-card and/or the
11 modules needed to use it.
14 After the update I did a etc-update and before overwriting the
15 file under /etc/udev/ I comapered those installed with those, which
16 will be used as update.
17
18 I found nothing "dangerous" and nothing I had changed by hand, so I
19 let etc-update its work.
20
21 After the update they were not loaded anymore.
22
23 I am not sure, whether udev is used to load the modules at all and I
24 dont know, who is responsible for loading modules on demand.
25
26 So I dont know for sure, which manpage I should read carefully to fix
27 that bug.
28
29 Any hint concerning this problem is very appreciated :)
30
31 Thank you very much in advance !
32
33 Keep haccking!