From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnupg fails to decrypt on kmail
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:07:52
1 On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:31:34AM +0000, Mick wrote:
2 > Since invoking gpg on the CLI does not ask for a passphrase and it returns:
3 >
4 > gpg: problem with the agent: No pinentry
5 >
6 > I assume that the problem is with pinentry. Is there some other
7 > application involved here that I should look into?
8
9 pinentry is the standalone package to asks for the passphrase for gpg.
10 Try up'ing the verbosity on gpg? E.g. run `gpg -vv' on your CLI and
11 post full output (modulo anything sensitive, of course)?
12
13 (Also, a stupid question: at any point did you rebuild gpg? Did you
14 restart the gpg-agent afterwards?)
15
16 Cheers,
17
18 W
19 --
20 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
21 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
22 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton