From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] nvidia-settings over ssh sees my local GPU?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 15:57:01
1 Hi,
2 BACKGROUND ONLY: I've got a futures trading partner who is
3 attempting to give up Windows if he can. I've helped him install
4 Gentoo on his new machine. The box is up and running and so far very
5 productive for him. We're struggling a bit with getting his three
6 monitor setup working like it did in Windows on his old machine. He
7 has an EVGA NVidia-based GeForce 8400GS along with the onboard Intel
8 Graphics stuff. Our goal is to drive 2 monitors with the NVidia card
9 and 1 with the Intel VGA.
10
11 My question is about running nvidia-settings. I'm finding that if I
12 shell into his machine using
13
14 ssh -X -Y -C IP-address
15
16 and run nvidia-settings I get it displayed here, as it should be. The
17 problem is it is seeing my GTX 465 and not his 8400GS.
18
19 Anyone know how can I get nvidia-settings to look at his hardware
20 and do nothing but paint the GUI here at my end?
21
22 Thanks,
23 Mark