From: Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - Need help with NAT
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 10:33:23
1 Hi,
2
3 I have been having trouble forwarding packets using iptables on my
4 Gentoo box. I am no iptables expert.
5
6 I connect to the internet using rp-pppoe. I use firestarter for
7 firewalling. Yesterday I installed VMware and chose host only
8 networking between the VMs. vmnet0 was bound to 192.168.128.1 and the
9 rest of the subnet being 192.168.128.0/24.
10
11 As should be obvious by now, I need to forward packets from ppp0 to
12 vmnet0 and allow outbound packets as well.
13
14 I chose vmnet0 to be the adaptor connected to my LAN and enabled
15 Internet Connection Sharing in Firestarter. I could ping my virtual
16 hosts and do ssh and telnet, but I couldn't access the internet from
17 those hosts.
18
19 I also tried the Gentoo Home Router Guide. But to no avail. I still
20 couldn't have the hosts access the internet.
21
22 I have had this problem with actual physical LAN too. I haven't been
23 able to allow any of the LAN hosts to connect to the internet through
24 my Gentoo box.
25
26 Could someone help me?
27